Pages

Thursday, August 9, 2018

1st Trimester!

Another baby!! We are having another baby!! This pregnancy has been drastically different than the last! For one, I have a toddler to chase around and WHEW she's exhausting! I have not had time to even think about blogging. But I wanted to at least start blogging some because there is already so much I had forgotten about my pregnancy with Savannah! I KNOW I wont remember after the baby is born, so my memory now will be better than later. haha :D 

I feel like this pregnancy has FLOWN by. I dont even know where all the time has gone! Chasing a toddler around for sure! but also it just seems like life is moving at warp speed. The first trimester was exhausting. I was incredibly fortunate to not really get any morning sickness! HUGE change from Savannah where I threw up every day a lot of the day for 9ish weeks. I threw up a handful of times (I think these were mostly related to being overheated) and I did get nauseous some, but it wasnt bad at all. It was actually very weird. I expected to throw up if I got nauseous, so I would get up and run to the bathroom, but nope. Nothing. The exhaustion was on a whole new level. Again, probably because I had Savannah to take care of on top of being pregnant. You're already so exhausted in the first trimester with all the hormone changes that adding chasing a toddler too made it that much worse. I couldnt just go lay on the couch whenever I wanted this time. To be fair though, John did an amazing job of helping out extra and did encourage me to take it easy. But easier said than done! lol. 

Since my pregnancy timelines are almost identical (due Nov 7th with Savannah and due Oct 20th this time) it's been interesting to see the differences and similarities. 

Similarities: 
Food aversions/apathy- I pretty much stuck to cereal the first trimester, couldnt eat much Asian food, and forget Mexican food. bleh! 
Exhaustion- just MORE tired this time
Food cravings- Sweets!
Acne
Heightened sense of smell
Vivid dreams

Differences:
Food cravings- SPICY! this time
Headaches/Migraines A LOT this time
Heat- I get overheated MUCH more quickly this go around
All the heartburn last pregnancy, not much at all this time
Morning sickness- super sick last time, not much at all this time
Boobs are not sore this time

Since some of the larger symptoms were so different- I thought for sure it was a boy from the beginning. John still wasnt sold, so he voted girl the entire time. I asked John if he would be sad if it wasnt a boy and he told me "No, having Savannah has been amazing and I'm way less scared of girls now. It would be completely fine and I'd be just as excited." SO SWEET!!! He did also say that he's more nervous finding out the gender this time because it means we are either have 3 kids or could be done with 2 depending on what it is. lol. He needs to prepare mentally for 3. haha He cracks me up. 

All of our 1st trimester appointments have been perfect! The baby has a strong heartbeat, I'm doing great and baby is growing just like the baby should! 
Here is our 11 week ultrasound :D
                                           
I also did a terrible job at taking weekly pictures at first, so I have a few but I didnt really start until later on. 
                             

                             
I popped WAY earlier this time! I've also gained very little weight! YAY! :D 

I shared with people at work pretty early on- I was scared I'd be sick like I was last time and they would all find out. So,I shared with a handful of them. I was super excited to tell Michael! He shared with me a few weeks prior that him and Loa are expecting again! It's so weird how our timelines have been so similar. Our daughters are 13 days apart and our next babies will be 3 months! It's so fun to have someone at work going through the same things. We've definitely become great friends since having our daughters and I'm thankful to have such a good friend at work :D 

Anyways, here's to the 1st trimester being over and getting some energy back in the 2nd!

No comments:

Post a Comment