Pages

Thursday, August 9, 2018

We're EXPECTING!!!!

Now that I'm about 28 weeks along, I've finally found some time to blog! haha. We are over the moon excited to share that we are having another baby! Life has been a whirlwind and it's all I can do to keep up! 


Here's our update!

John and I started trying pretty soon after Savannah was a few months old (I know, we are crazy). It was really important to us to have our kiddos as close as we could get them. We really want them to be good friends.  Again, I know we sound crazy but we've both seen it work out great the closer the siblings are- the better friends they can be. We ended up trying for about 9 months before we got our positive test. I'm not going to lie, it was hard. I know that's not fair to people who have experienced loss and have tried much longer, but a small sample of that was hard enough. Trying each month and getting SO excited it might be the month- every month- it was draining. I talked with my doctor about it and since I had no issues getting pregnant with Savannah (it happened super fast the first time!) and I had an easy first pregnancy, they were not concerned yet at all. I was still breastfeeding and my doctor mentioned that breastfeeding might be the reason I couldn't get pregnant. The month we weaned (because Savannah was ready- NOT because we were trying) I got pregnant! So I even though I was ovulating, I guess breastfeeding still prevented me from getting pregnant. All in all though- God's timing is perfect and He knew the little one He wanted us to have. The last month we tried, John and I swore we wouldn't get excited that month- like we had every other month. It was just too exhausting. I just continued to chart and did my best to put it out of my mind. I will say- I was pretty good at it. Better than I thought I would be anyway. The two week wait every month is always the hardest, but we both did our best to not have any "what if's" or symptom spot. It also helped that John was out of town and Savannah kept me super busy.

The weekend we tested, my mom and sister came to spend the night on a Friday. John was gone and help was appreciated! I was SO tired that night that I fell asleep around 8pm. I just assumed it was from a busy week of taking care Savannah by myself. We spent Saturday hanging out with Savannah and then John came home that night. I told John that night that I wanted to test in the morning. I had been super patient, but I couldnt wait any longer. The next morning, I got up and went to take a test.....and didnt have a good one!! HOW?! I only had a cheapo one. So, we still took it and there was the faintest line! So, what did we do? Loaded Savannah into the car and went to CVS. We bought one of the tests that says "pregnant" or "not pregnant" and went home. We took it annnnnd! Savannah is going to be a big sister! 

John and I had plans to go to a concert that evening, so we were planning on meeting the Kinlaws at State to drop Savannah off for them to babysit. Of course we decided to share the news with them asap and even though it wasnt creative or planned, we just showed them a picture of Savannah holding the pregnancy test. Mason even gave Savannah a kiss he was so excited! 
Walking his little girl on campus







We were a bit more patient sharing our news with family this time. Last time we rushed around the day we found out and I wanted it to be different this time. We called a friend up and had her make a shirt for us that said "Big Sister" and made her swear not to tell anyone. lol. I had lunch plans to see my brother that week and I really wanted to tell him in person. John and I agreed if we could get them to come over for dinner the next weekend, I'd wait. If not, I could go ahead and tell him. He wasnt sure when they would be able to come over next, so I went ahead and told him at lunch. He jumped out of his chair he was so excited :D He said he'd make it work for them to come to dinner and we had a whole plan so Britt didnt seem suspicious. haha

Then, I KNEW Jim and Jane would be calling and asking to see Savannah the next weekend too. It had been awhile. Sure enough, they called that week and asked if they could come over. Of course we said yes and they planned to come hang out. Jim and Jane got to our house a little before Savannah's nap and we played some. John had decided he just wanted to tell them, so we waited for the right time. Jane always likes to go over everyone's schedule to see when we might be able to spend some time together and John thought it would be a good time when she brought it up. Sure enough, after Savannah went down for a nap, we all sat around our table and ate some lunch. Towards the end Jane started talking about our calendars and John went over his busy schedule and slipped in there that in October he wouldnt be travelling anymore for awhile so he would be here for the birth of our baby. The look on Jim and Janes faces was priceless. Jim automatically goes- whose baby? Jane goes WHAT?! We've been here for 45 minutes and you're just telling us?! haha. 
Swinging! This girl LOVES to swing!



Going for a walk with Grandma and Grandpa
Chris and Britt came over that afternoon for a visit after our little plan worked out to get them there and we had put the shirt on Savannah. We also put her hoodie on. Chris and Britt took her outside to swing when they got there (she begs us to take her!). When they came back in, I told Britt that she could probably take Savannah's hoodie off inside since it was warm. So she did. Then perfectly she goes, let's read your shirt! It's cute!. Then she read it and her face LIT UP and she might have cried a little. It was perfect. 

The next weekend my mom had planned to come see Savannah with my sister- so that worked out great too! My sister ended up cancelling, but my mom still came. We put Savannah in her shirt and it took what felt like forever for my mom to notice. haha. We finally had Savannah stand up in front of us and I pulled her shirt down. It STILL took her some time, but she was finally like- wait, what does that shirt say?! 

All of these fun things and I forgot to take pictures! I dont even think I got a picture of her in her big sister shirt! MOM FAIL! lol

Over time we shared the news with some close friends and then after our first appointment, we shared with the rest of our family. Both times sharing that news has been so fun. :D It took us FOREVER to post on social media. We waited so long that we decided to just share the gender when we shared the news. So here is what we posted:

I still cant believe I'm pregnant and we are having another baby!! Savannah seems to understand that there is a baby inside of me. She hugs my belly, kisses it, tries to give the baby her paci (sticks it in my belly button). It's super sweet. She's going to be an amazing big sister. If I'm being honest, part of me is starting to get a little sad that my time with just Savannah is almost over. I can give her all of my attention now and I'll miss that. I know when the baby comes though, she's going to LOVE having a sibling. She's already so great with JJ- Mason's baby brother. I also know I'll adore this new baby, it's just still hard to wrap my mind around most days!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment